FUCK ME! I literally almost died today. I don't know how I managed to survive, but somehow, someway, I'm alive and unscathed.
I was driving home from a lovely evening with my newest girlfriend (... we'll get there later), and my some magic voodoo the wheel on my car makes a horrifying "BANG!" Naturally, I'm freaked out and scared a bit so I slow down (at the time of the noise I was going 70 mph) and begin to steer the car off to the shoulder of the highway. When I begin to veer, the noise starts with a consistent thumping only to find out that the wheel is no longer attached to my car and is in fact travelling beside me. The car took a dive into the gravel. I was unharmed ... and, as far as I know, so was the car. It was remarkable and frightening. I'm still a little shook up about it actually.
It's weird that I'm actually a little freaked out about all of this. I've been in some serious car accidents, but I've never been scared. I suppose the difference is that I was actually present for this mishap rather than being in an "altered state". No matter which way you look at it, I am thoroughly freaked. Let's move on. I feel like I'm beating this subject to death ... I definitely have with my own thoughts this evening.
Baltimore? Yes, I think we should discuss this a bit. I drove down to Baltimore Saturday to visit Tara, do my Humanities work, and to escape York in general. I had an amazing time. We began the day by relaxing at her apartment for a little bit. Just some general down time with good company. I honestly really enjoy this. We then embarked to the Baltimore Museum of Art via taxi. We meandered through the museum, and it was lovely. Writing all of this down seems like this was a really mundane experience, but it wasn't. Far from actually. It's the minute details that seem to make the biggest difference here. The chemistry and interaction between Tara and I is just fantastic when I'm there. After the museum, we ate dinner and prepared for the opera we were going to see. The opera was short lived in exchange for hedonism. It was wonderful.
I am suppose to be going out to dinner with Tara's parents on Wednesday. I honestly can't say how I feel about that. I don't think excited is the word, but I'm not quite nervous either. I think I'm just going to wing it, and it turns out how it turns out. I think I'm more concerned with Tara and I than the relationship between Tara's parents and me. I actually like this girl a lot. It's really strange, since I have really been in a situation where I cared this much in a really long time. I think it's probably been the most real relationship I've had with a girl since Katerina. I'm not eloquent or poetic about what it is, but I assure you that in my world that means something huge. Five years of fucking around, and finally, I have find someone who I feel like I can exist with as an equal in a realtionship. No power mongering. No games. No lies. No hiding. Just pure, real, honest exchange of lives, experiences, thoughts, memories, and feelings (on occasion, the feeling this is not really how we do, but it comes out every once in a while).
I'm tired of writing now.
End of line.
No comments:
Post a Comment